Mini PC Forum - ACEPC

Full Version: Clone OS on SSD and boot from SSD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, 
I got a Acepc T11 and a 120Gb SSD drive - all works fine.
I just want to migrate the OS from the internal memory (32GB) to the SSD and boot from the SSD to erase the internal memory and use only the SSD.
but Every time I clone the OS to the SSD I can't boot from it (using clonezilla, Easypartition...)
Different error
- Windows encounter an error and must reboot
- automatic acepc rebooting....

Anyone have done it and it works that could share some tips?
thanks
(01-18-2018, 12:03 AM)anaphken Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, 
I just want to migrate the OS from the internal memory (32GB) to the SSD and boot from the SSD to erase the internal memory and use only the SSD.
but Every time I clone the OS to the SSD I can't boot from it (using clonezilla, Easypartition...)
Different error

thanks

Try free software EASUS TODO Backup.
(01-27-2018, 06:03 PM)marniecrittle Wrote: [ -> ]
Different error

thanks

I tried this.  After cloning I changed the Boot drive in BIOS to the SSD but I would receive an error when booting up.  Had to switch back to booting from the Acepc internal drive.
(02-05-2018, 05:12 AM)tomriddle Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2018, 06:03 PM)marniecrittle Wrote: [ -> ]
Different error

thanks

I tried this.  After cloning I changed the Boot drive in BIOS to the SSD but I would receive an error when booting up.  Had to switch back to booting from the Acepc internal drive.

I've thought about overwriting the emmc with a linux install usb to see if the clone W10 will boot, but it might brick the t11.
Hello:

Anyone could solve this problem, after cloning the eMMC that starts from the SSD?
After cloning OS, you have to select the correct disk in boot manager (F7).
After cloning the eMMc to the SDD and starting the SDD, Windows sends an error and asks me to repair the Windows. I have taken all the options but I can not get the ACEPC T11 started by the SDD. Does anyone have an idea of what may be happening?
Tell us how did you cloned your OS. Can you still start Windows from original eMMC?
I clone it using EASUS TODO Backup. Yes, I can boot from the eMMC without problems
[Image: 1522425894-easus.jpg]Tell me, did you choose "system clone" and checked  "optimze for SSD" and "sector by sector clone", in "advanced options?
Pages: 1 2 3 4