Mini PC Forum - ACEPC

Full Version: Can't install Windows Updates as no Room - Brand new Acepc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Brand new AcePC T11.  

All I have done is booted it up, connected to the internet and started downloading Windows Updates.

I have now got to the stage where I am told I cannot install the latest Windows Update as it requires 8gb and I only have 7.7gb available.

What do I do now?

This is useless if I can't even update Windows.

Thanks
How much is your total hard disk?
(01-28-2018, 08:13 PM)ssmrofiquzzaman Wrote: [ -> ]How much is your total hard disk?

Windows shows 29.9gb
It can not be updated because many spaces are needed to update. You stop updating.
(01-29-2018, 04:58 PM)ssmrofiquzzaman Wrote: [ -> ]It can not be updated because many spaces are needed to update. You stop updating.

So I have just brought a brand new PC, have installed nothing on it and I can't keep it updated with Windows updates?

Really?  

What are other people doing to solve this?
(01-30-2018, 12:28 AM)tomriddle Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2018, 04:58 PM)ssmrofiquzzaman Wrote: [ -> ]It can not be updated because many spaces are needed to update. You stop updating.

So I have just brought a brand new PC, have installed nothing on it and I can't keep it updated with Windows updates?

Really?  

I'm going to install a 250gb hdd, I had to hand, in the caddy and install W7 on it.
(01-30-2018, 12:28 AM)tomriddle Wrote: [ -> ]

Really?  

tomriddle, I spent $10 on a 16GB USB drive and solved for the time being.
Well not sure to understand because I just receive my T11 and had no problem doing all the updates to the latest version (Creator Ed). The key is just to be careful about the disk space by using the built-in "Disk Cleaning" tool. So you run a few update, clear cache, run more updates, clear cache, etc. At the end of all updates and everything, my internal 32 GB eMMC drive is 45% left, however I removed Office 2016 that is now pre-installed (pre-downloaded) into Windows 10 because I don't have the licence for it anyway, I'll reinstall it later of needed. But anyway Office 2016 isn't that big.
(02-01-2018, 01:52 PM)SimmZ Wrote: [ -> ]Well not sure to understand because I just receive my T11 and had no problem doing all the updates to the latest version (Creator Ed). The key is just to be careful about the disk space by using the built-in "Disk Cleaning" tool. So you run a few update, clear cache, run more updates, clear cache, etc. At the end of all updates and everything, my internal 32 GB eMMC drive is 45% left, however I removed Office 2016 that is now pre-installed (pre-downloaded) into Windows 10 because I don't have the licence for it anyway, I'll reinstall it later of needed. But anyway Office 2016 isn't that big.

Ran the cleaning tool on mine and it could give me 128Mb.
(02-01-2018, 09:20 PM)marniecrittle Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2018, 01:52 PM)SimmZ Wrote: [ -> ]Well not sure to understand because I just receive my T11 and had no problem doing all the updates to the latest version (Creator Ed). The key is just to be careful about the disk space by using the built-in "Disk Cleaning" tool. So you run a few update, clear cache, run more updates, clear cache, etc. At the end of all updates and everything, my internal 32 GB eMMC drive is 45% left, however I removed Office 2016 that is now pre-installed (pre-downloaded) into Windows 10 because I don't have the licence for it anyway, I'll reinstall it later of needed. But anyway Office 2016 isn't that big.

Ran the cleaning tool on mine and it could give me 128Mb.

You're right it is possible to run the update but I had to uninstall quite a few programs to get the required space, which is a pain to re-install them. I have tried to install Windows 7 without success, which I think is due to the Intel cpu. I think it is possible to load Linux as I have booted the distro OK.
Pages: 1 2