Go Back to: Homepage     ACEPC AK1     ACEPC T9     ACEPC T11     ACEPC W5     ACEPC W8 PRO     ACEPC Bluetooth Headphones     ACEPC P1 WiFi Digital Photo Frame

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Ram
Hi
On Amazon.com they asked if RAM could be upgraded and the answer was
"Hi dear, the mini PC can expand memory to 128 GB through Micro SD.
By AMINZER SELLER on December 9, 2017 "
How do I use the 128 Gb MicroSD to upgrade the RAM?
Big Grin
Like, Comment and Share Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/acepconline/
Join Our Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/acepcminipc/
(12-30-2017, 06:52 PM)Pana507 Wrote: Hi
Big Grin

Hi,

They are Chinese people and they definitely misunderstood the question in English because obviously you CAN'T upgrade the RAM on the T11 Mini-PC because it's soldered in the logic board just like any compact computers (Mac Mini, etc.). What they mean is you can upgrade STORAGE by adding a Micro-SD...

Please note that I work in IT for 16 years and the T11 comes equipped with 4 GB RAM which is way enough when your OS is installed on a SSD/eMMC drive. In the past, we are adding lot of RAM like 32+ GB to workstations because they had slow 7200 RPM hard drives who causes nasty swapping. But with modern SSDs, you definitely not need more than 4 GB. For example in the large company where I work, not a single computer have more than 4 GB RAM and peoples are doing demanding jobs with these computers, but they are all upgraded with SSD drives with at least 550 MB/S in read and in write, such as Crucial SSD or Kingston Fury SSD. Are you aware that Intel is planning to remove the RAM memory completely in a future generation of computers sooner because latest SSD drives have faster throughput than actual RAM memory, so why keeping extra parts for nothing?
Big Grin 
(01-05-2018, 02:15 PM)vlopddap Wrote:
Big Grin

Hi,

They are Chinese people and they definitely misunderstood the question in English because obviously you CAN'T upgrade the RAM on the T11 Mini-PC because it's soldered in the logic board just like any compact computers (Mac Mini, etc.). What they mean is you can upgrade STORAGE by adding a Micro-SD...

Please note that I work in IT for 16 years and the T11 comes equipped with 4 GB RAM which is way enough when your OS is installed on a SSD/eMMC drive. In the past, we are adding lot of RAM like 32+ GB to workstations because they had slow 7200 RPM hard drives who causes nasty swapping. But with modern SSDs, you definitely not need more than 4 GB. For example in the large company where I work, not a single computer have more than 4 GB RAM and peoples are doing demanding jobs with these computers, but they are all upgraded with SSD drives with at least 550 MB/S in read and in write, such as Crucial SSD or Kingston Fury SSD. Are you aware that Intel is planning to remove the RAM memory completely in a future generation of computers sooner because latest SSD drives have faster throughput than actual RAM memory, so why keeping extra parts for nothing?

Thanks for the explanation
I want to understand that I must install my operating system and my applications to an SSD to have a better performance in the ACEPC T11. Could you tell me how to clone what I have in the eMMC to the SSD and then have the T11 start from the SSD
Regards,
(01-07-2018, 05:22 AM)Pana507 Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 02:15 PM)vlopddap Wrote:
Big Grin

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation
I want to understand that I must install my operating system and my applications to an SSD to have a better performance in the ACEPC T11. Could you tell me how to clone what I have in the eMMC to the SSD and then have the T11 start from the SSD
Regards,

You only get USB speeds so it is slower but if you want to you need win to USB. (for this you need windows iso)
First, convert the drive to gpt 
then make two partitions one 500mb fat32 and the rest of the ssd would be NTFS 
then in the win to USB software point the software to the 500mb partition for  EFI 
next point the software to the other partition for the os 
finally click next and wait for 100% and in bios, it should show up.