You can check or repair and format Micro SD card effortlessly in PC, what you should do if the Micro SD card is not recognized or detected by Windows?
Solution 1: Check the SD card reader and change USB port
First of all, you can check whether the SD card reader is contacted with SD card well. After checking SD card reader, you can change USB port that card reader plugs into. Then, you can double click “This PC” in Windows 10(“My Computer in Windows 7”) to see whether your SD card presents.
Solution 2: Update SD card device driver
This method applies to the situation that SD card not detected or recognized in Windows is caused by outdated driver.
1. Open Device Manager (Press Windows + R simultaneously, input devmgmt.msc and hit “Enter”).
2. Right click the SD card drive and choose “Update Driver Software”.
3. Select “Search automatically for updated driver software”.
Solution 3: Assign driver letter to Micro SD card
If you are still unable to find out Micro SD card in File Explorer, you can enter Disk Management to check the status of your SD card. If it has no driver letter, you can do as the following instruction:
1. Right click the SD card partition and select “Change Drive Letter and Path…”.
2. Here you can click “Add” to assign drive letter to SD card partition.
3. Close Disk Management and you can access your SD card from File Explorer.
Solution 4: Format Micro SD card via AOMEI Partition Assistant
If your SD card is with corrupted or unrecognized file system, it will still not be recognized by Windows after you assign drive letter to it. In such case, you can turn to third party software like AOMEI Partition Assistant to format it.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Partition Assistant. Install and run it.
Step 2. Right click Micro SD card and choose “Format Partition”.
Format Partition AOMEI
Step 3. Set the file system of your SD card to compatible one.
Format to FAT32
Step 4.In the main interface, you can review the operation and click “Apply” to execute it.
ACEPC Product List