S905X is a cost effective model based on S905, the greatest spotlight is that S905X supports VP9 decoding while S905 not.
But, Rockchip RK3229 specifications:
- CPU- Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory I/F – DDR3-1866/LPDDR3-1333
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 1.4/2.2 + CVBS
- Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Video Encoder – 1080p H.264 and VP8
- Ethernet – 100Mbps (PHY)
- Audio Codec – Yes
- DRM – Widewine Level 1, PlayReady, Verimatrix
To be simple, we conclude it in a chart:
Amlogic S905X is hot at the moment, and it is said to be released in a few weeks.
(Both of them support H.265, Click to see H.265 vs VP9, which one is better for 4K video)
Another one is the price. As a newer model, S905X has better performance, however, the price is same or a little lower.
in one word. We prefer to S905X.
ACEPC Product List