Windows 10 November update – What will the push button reset do after the November update is installed?
The following characterizes what the push button reset (PBR) will do after the November update is installed.
1. For PCs that come with Windows 8.1 and are updated in November (either directly or after upgrading to Windows 10 RTM first)
- The “Keep my files” and “Remove everything” options of PBR will restore the OS to the November update, but will discard all OEM customizations.
- The “Restore factory settings” option of PBR will continue to be available as long as a Windows 8.1 OEM factory recovery image is present on the disk.
2. For PCs that come with Windows 10 RTM and are updated in November, performing PBR after the upgrade will restore the OEM factory customizations (even though the OS remains on the November update)
- The “Keep my files” and “Remove everything” options of PBR will restore the OS to the November update
- OEM customizations will be restored to their factory state